04 May 2009

Musings, Part R

- Well, it's official. I have an eclectic personality. At least according to the Society
of American Florists
online quiz on my floral signature. Cool. By the way, flower meanings? Kind of interesting to read. And no two sites completely agree on what something means all the time. Like for one lavendar is constancy and another distrust. If you're into the flower meaning thing, which is pretty interesting, then you're probably really confused by those. Heaven forfend you get a bouquet with lavendar in it. Or orange blossoms which can be innocence or fertility. Again, not exactly the same thing. At least they can agree on some. Like peonies? For healing.
- Bye, Justice Souter, you were cool:
Supreme Court Justice Souter to Retire.
- Happy Early Mother's Day.
NPR's Mother's Day Playlist got me thinking about what song reminds me of my mom. Pretty easy answer, "Wonder" by Natalie Merchant because she always says its her song about us, my sister and I.
- Why do I always ignore or put off looking into the latest thing? At least musically I often do. Or perhaps we can just say I was busy when this became big? Anyway, new musical love: Fleet Foxes. Seriously, amazing sound. Granted if you actually read the lyrics, kinda dark, I mean in "White Winter Hymnal" blood on snow is compared to the color of strawberries in summer...which...okay, yeah, that's red. Gorgeous sound though:
Live concert.
- On another note for music, depending on who you look at my tastes are alternative or indie these days. Online radio stations: Indie. iTunes catalog: Alternative mostly with some Indie that's apparently both. I think I'm going to stick with calling it alternative because I associate indie with movies and I can admit I'm a mainstream movie girl. At least I can still say what I don't like and leave the rest up to the sound of the individual bands.
- People are creative, did you know?:
Battles of the Bulge.

No comments: