26 May 2009

Musings, Part Y

- Hall of Presidents! One of my favorite parts of Magic Kingdom. I was wondering if they'd updated it yet. Animatronic Obama Going to Disney World With High-Tech Style.
- I'm glad I'm Catholic:
From Polygamous Royalty to FLDS Lost Boy. Very glad.
- Hooray for the Smithsonian (of which I'm now a member)!
Belle of the Mall.
- A beard contest? Apparently there is one. Imagine the work that has to go into some of these.
Alaska Hosts the Battle of the Beards.
- I still love Sesame Street. Not just because it reminds me of my childhood but because it's still clever and funny after all these years. I'm thrilled they have a YouTube channel so I can find all my favorite bits. And Big Bird is still better than Elmo even if the little red guy has pushed him out. My loyalty is with Bird. Happy 40th!
How Sesame Street Changed the World.
- And another childhood touchstone:
American Girl's Journey to the Lower East Side. And the company's as old as I soon will be. My doll was Samantha, still is, I suppose. She's in a box now though. But still awesome.
- Yay! And now the battle begins. And everything I remember (I hope) from the two Supreme Court classes I took in college will come back during the confirmation process. Should be fun to watch.
Obama Chooses Sotomayor for Supreme Court.
- I've started a new needlepoint project and it's brought to mind an interesting occurrance. Colors and names of colors don't always match up. This kit has an orangish background that claims to be tan. It's not. It's orangish. Tan is sorta skin colored. This I suppose could be called fake spray on tan. Or, orangish.
- Wow. Way to completely freak me out Newsweek article. I thought the author had actually lost her mind. Thank goodness for comments.
Lithwick: Put Palin on the Supreme Court. By the way, that would be the absolute worst idea in the world, secondary only to electing her to some national office or a place of real influence. Gah. Shivers down my spine.

No comments: