28 May 2009

Musings, Part Z

- Fallingwater as a Lego set? Count me in! A Frank Lloyd Wright Masterwork- In Legos.
- Up! Looks awesome and I'm glad critics seem to like it.
Pixar's Small Wonder. And a brief history of the company: "Up", Up and Away With the Kids. And Giacchino's done the score again? Awesome. And the director did Monsters, Inc and worked on Wall-E? Awesome. 'Up' and Away With Pixar's Pete Docter.
- Interesting times we live in:
Bush v. Gore Foes Join Forces to Fight Gay Marriage Ban.
-
In Praise of Broadway's Orchestrators. You know, you don't think about it much but a composer can't crank out all of it for a show. A symphony maybe, but a show? Not quite.
- Benny Goodman! Born on my birthday. When I decided (apparently, at least that's the story my parents tell) to be born late I must have been planning even then to follow my dad and play clarinet so I'd have to be born on a famous clarinetist's birthday.
How Benny Goodman Won Over America.
- I wonder where the closest one to DC is...
Company's 'ATM for Books' Prints On Demand.
- DC's just exploded with Lincoln related exhibits at museums for the bi-centennial. And now the Archives got a letter written by him.
Lost Lincoln Letter Donated to National Archives.

No comments: