06 May 2006

Late Night/Early Morning Ramble

I’d like to admit, here and now, that I am a bit of a prude.
I’m at work right now, sitting at the front desk of Letts Hall watching people come in and out. Mostly in right now, and about seven times out of ten, they’ve been drinking. I just don’t see the point. How is this fun? I can get clubbing, I guess, dancing can be fun… but drinking? Just doesn’t seem necessary. Perhaps it’s part of the stereotypical college experience, but why be a stereotype? Why fall into that trap? I guess you get a buzz or something…but I don’t see how that is worth it in the long run. There are so many other things that can touch your soul and give you that bit of euphoria. Cultural things, music, plays, movies, books.
Yes, I’m tired and have a headache but I still believe all this. Maybe I’m too self-conscious about giving up even a little control to be a stereotype. But why is that bad? Call me boring…I say my liver will hold up longer and I’ll be happier with myself in the long run.

No comments: