05 June 2009

Musings, Part BB

- Escapism in Minutiae of Daily Life. Now I just need the computer to play it.
- Either this guy just writes well or he really is a cool guy.
Why I'm Giving Away $1 Billion. Kudos to you Peter Peterson.
- Intriguing idea:
Other Shows That Could Use A Giant 'Wipeout'-Style Catapult. You know, I might watch some of these if they made hurling people into the air a regular practice...
- Wow, thanks DC weather. Great for my birthday but on the day I'm roaming about after work in nice pants and shoes, we get a severe thunderstorm warning. April was the showers month, this is June. And we're not supposed to have sympathetic weather up here for Florida's hurricane season. And if it's going to rain, how about lowering the temperature on the day it rains, not just briefly the day after?
- One of those constants: Tom Hanks is a nice guy. Cool too.
The Tonight Show with Conan O'Brien: Tue, June 2, 2009.
- I want my marriage (when I have one) to be like this when I'm their age...though without the Alzheimer's. Still, if it's like this after 60 years...that's a life well lived.
60 Years of Marriage: Laughter is Love.
- Nancy Drew! She's awesome and can do anything. And then go to luncheon.
Why Do Lawyers Love Nancy Drew? It's No Mystery.
- I find myself rewatching Fantastic Four now that I've seen the Horatio Hornblower: New Adventures movies (and Netflix, get on the ball and let me get the original 6 disc collection, I see it mocking me in Borders, why can't you be a friend like you have been all these months and move it from saved into my queue?). I just not sure which Ioan Gruffudd is better...but I think I have to go with the one with the accent. You win, Horatio. Sorry, Reed. You're awesome and smart and all but I have to stick with the Napoleonic war era naval genius version. I'm sure you understand.
- Speaking of movies, I totally lucked out and got the Thin Man collection for my birthday. The banter is mine, all mine! And I now have the William Powell and Myrna Loy collection, five other delightful movies with the pair of them. I wonder why they don't get touted as a great screen couple like Katharine Hepburn and Spencer Tracy...they were in quite a few together, had great chemistry, and great dialogue. Well, at least I can appreciate them.

No comments: